ROTARY DISTRICT 5190
2019 YOUTH INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC CONTEST
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED!!!
The purpose of this competition is to determine the solo/individual musician who best demonstrates his/her musical talent and love for music. Prize money will be awarded at each level of competition: Rotary Club, Rotary Area, and at the Rotary District 5190 Final Contest.
Music contestants will compete at one of the five Rotary Clubs in Western Nevada County. If you win a local Rotary Club Contest you will progress to the Area Contest. The Area winner will be able to compete at the Rotary District 5190 Finals among other winners from across Northern California and Northern Nevada. See below for the Contest details
Club Contests: Dates, times and prizes to be announced
Area Contest: Wednesday March 27, 2019, 6:00 pm @ Peace Lutheran Church; prizes to be announced
District Contest: Saturday, May 18, 2019, Peppermill, Reno; $1,000 1st; $750 2nd; $500 3rd
Want to compete? Download and complete the application via the icon to the right or links in To Participate section below. Instructions for submission are on the application.
Enrollment Deadline: Contestants must sign up no later than January11th to be eligible. DON’T DELAY AND GOOD LUCK!
Want to share information with parents, guardians, or friends? Click to download the Youth Instrumental Music Contest Flyer.
- You must be a high school student in a school located in District 5190 or a home-schooled / non-traditionally schooled student 14 to 18 years of age in that area. To compete in the Area 4 Western Nevada County contest, you must live in the Grass Valley/Nevada City/Penn Valley area.
- Performance time must be 3 to 8 minutes, with strict penalties for under or over time.
- If you win at any level, you must be able to attend and compete in the next level of competition to be eligible for prize money.
- You will be responsible for any subsequent travel expense.
- You must bring 4 copies of your music for the judges.
- All decisions by the judges are final and are based on musical ability, musical empathy, musical sound, musical selection, and stage presence.
- A winner of a previous District Final is not eligible to compete again.
- YOU MAY ONLY COMPETE IN ONE CLUB MUSIC CONTEST EACH YEAR!
- THIS IS A SOLO/INDIVIDUAL COMPETITION: You will be responsible for your accompaniment, if needed, but only your performance will be graded.
Click to download the 2019 Rotary Youth Instrumental Music Contest Application. Once downloaded to your computer, the application can be filled in electronically. Return a completed application to Mary Anne Davis at email@example.com with “MUSIC CONTEST” in the subject line, or mail to Mary Anne Davis, 13254 Peardale Road, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Click Speech Contest for more on our Rotary Speech Contests that are also being offered.