Here is an update of Rotarians at Work day, this Saturday, April 14, based on information from Anita Daniels and Scott Spencer, who are directing the projects for the five Rotaries involved.
For questions, call Karen Young at 265-1459 or Ben Barretta at 273-1151. These are your co-chairs.
- Suggested projects to decide at the meeting April 12: Ed Townsend’s marquis project, raking, planting of trees and the parking lot painting. We’ll take a vote.
- Everyone should arrive at 9 a.m. (chairs and project leaders arrive at 8 a.m.) and enter and check in at Gate 5 (you arrive at Gate 5 via Gate 4 off of McCourtney Rd.) There is no ending time. It’s basically when the project is done. There are 8 projects that Scott has outlined.
- According to the project your club as chosen, bring rakes, gloves, paint brushes, all marked so you can keep track of them. Tree planters, please bring shovels and digging tools.
- In case of rain, the contingency date is Sunday, but it doesn’t look like that will be a concern, as per the weather reports.
- Food is being provided via co-chairs Gordon Beatie and Tom Stanley. There will be coffee and pastries in the morning and pulled pork sandwiches and some other kind of food at lunch.
- A Welcome Table will be at Gate 5 and will have projects and maps of project locations. Most volunteers know which project they will be working on, but if not, volunteers will be assigned to a project day of event.
- Club chairs and project leaders will arrive by 8 a.m.