Profiles of Entrepreneur Delegates
Emin Askerov, male, married, one son, lives in Astana
- Work: Training socially vulnerable (disabled) people in furniture-making, administration, finance
- Interests: Staff selection, cooperation between NGOs and public sector, market analysis, PR, training, social rights
Aizhan Mukatayeva, female, single, lives in Astana
- Work: New entrepreneur producing paper cups and cotton gloves
- Interests: Management, business development, production, marketing, personnel management
Adilbek Orumbayev, male, married, no children, lives in Astana
- Work: Secretary of the Committee for Small and Medium Businesses, KZ National Chamber of Entrepreneurs. Works on legislation, training, monitoring, analysis
- Interests: Successful models of small and medium sized businesses; public-private partnerships
Alibek Orynbek, male, single, lives in Satpayev, Karaganda region
- Work: Director of Altyn Urpak Educational Center that trains students of key tests, including the Unified National Test (UNT), physics, algebra, and English
- Interests: Success in operating a private enterprise. Also, addressing youth leisure-time challenges
Ruslan Tyulegenov, male, married, with two sons, lives in Almaty
- Work: Director of Department of Subsidies for state entrepreneurial development fund
- Interests: U.S. measures of support for small and Medium sized businesses; interaction of businesses with banks and other institutions; government tools to support businesses.
Elina Akhtiyarova, Cultural Facilitator, female, lives in Astana
- Work: Cultural Affairs Assistant at the US Embassy in Astana. Former teacher of English for disadvantaged children in Korea
- Interests: Elina’s role is to facilitate communication and understanding between folks of two different cultures
Elmuad Kasym, Interpreter, male.
Emin and Alibek indicate they are fluent in English, in addition to Elina.